Marlow Ropes UK Youth Ambassador Programme **APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED**
This Spring, Marlow Ropes are launching a new UK Youth Ambassador Programme for youth sailors sailing in the following Class Association Organisations:
The Ambassador programme is an opportunity for the rising stars of the Class Associations to work with a global Leisure Marine brand who work with some of the top sailing and racing teams in the world. One Youth Ambassador will be selected per class for the duration of one year starting from 15th April 2021.
AMBASSADOR PROGRAMME BENEFITS:
- Working with a leading global Leisure Marine brand who have over 200 years in the rope-making industry.
- Rigging package (based on your supplied rope specs) and branding collateral worth £300.
- Exposure through Marlow’s news and media platforms including the RYA Dinghy Show where the brand ambassadors will be invited to join Marlow on-stand at the show.
- Rigging support and help from Marlow’s team of experts including athletes from the British Sailing Team.
In return, Marlow Ropes will be looking for a Youth Ambassador capable of providing the following:
- Image and video-based content including specific videos such as
- a rig-check introduction – what lines do you use and where do you use them
- an event/competition report ahead of your season of sailing
- Performance upgrade – what lines and techniques do you use to get the most performance.
- Splicing tips or tricks
- Images to include action shots, ropes in use
- Further detail and examples will be provided to help with the above ideas
- Social media mentions and tags – specifically across Instagram and Facebook – others are allowed on prior permission (your sailing specific accounts will need to be shared with Marlow Ropes and parental permission will need to be gained)
- Case Study opportunities – do you/will you be using Marlow’s lines in a particular way that we could build a case study around.
- Feedback and testing opportunities on new product launches
- Testimonials / interviews at events or shows (the Youth Ambassador will be required to wear branded items as per the agreement).
- Applications will be open from Saturday 20th March 8am, closing on 5th April. These must include details of a consenting adult.
- Sailors will need to send an email FAO firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed application form and accompanied by a link to a video you have created, uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo which includes:
- images or footage of you sailing
- an introduction about yourself and answers/interpretation of answers to the following questions:
- What do you enjoy most about sailing?
- Why do you want to be a Marlow Youth Ambassador and what will you bring to the role?
- Do you know how to splice and what the benefits are of splicing?
- What splices do you know?
- Following the application closure date, applications will all be judged and reviewed. A shortlist may be created depending on demand. Shortlisted sailors will be invited to a video call interview to meet with Marlow representatives.
- Following this, the winner in each class category will be announced during the first week in April across website/social media and an agreement highlighting the benefits for each party will be sent out and signed. Branded collateral will be sent out and depending on covid restrictions, the sailor and a parent will be invited to visit Marlow for a factory tour and splicing workshop. (This may need to be scheduled later in the year depending on covid regulations).
Application form link: